Apple Abandons Professional Graphic and Videographer Community

Lordkiwi

Technology Novice
That is how a lot of Professionals have been feeling for a while. The new Mac Pro's have preaty much cemented it with every Videographer I know. We all know that Apple has been waiting for the latest Xeon E5 CPU to be ready before debuting there new Mac Pro's which where rumerd to be the last Mac Pro refresh. I think with todays new product releases it confirms what professionals feared.
Apple - Mac Pro - View all the technical specifications.

1. No Next Geration CPU
2 No Sandy Bridge Chipset
3. Two Generation old graphics cards ATI HD5770, current gen is HD8970
4. SATA 2 Hard drive interface
5. No Thunderbolt
6. No USB 3

My Mac Pro friends are already moving on. Most only have there Mac pro's for Final Cut 7, the refuse to use Final Cut X and use Avid Pro Tools and Adobe Suites on Custom Windows PC's or Dell workstation class systems.

Apple is just getting ready to do a nother Xserv. Next year they will annouce that this current generation didnt sell so there discontinuting production.

There already done. The upgrade cycle for Mac Pro's is as long as every 3-5 years. Users upgrade the CPU's, RAM, HD and video cards during that period. Many users have been wait as long as 4 years for that upgrade and today there faced with the only option is a system with no modern technology and no upgrade prospect. the imac even comes with an HD 6790. Apple is not even reaching out to the community to keep them.

In the scheme of things, you don't know what sort of upgrades might come over the next few months. Other than a possible summer iMac update, the next window of opportunity is early fall. Don't give up the ship. Even today's Mac Pro works just great.

Back