Apple's iCar Rumors Are Back on the 'Net.

Would you buy an iCar?

• I'll stand in line & camp out for that one!

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • I'll take mine in MacBook Black please! ;)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'll take the Aluminum or Titanium Pro version with a Super Drive!

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • No way!! It'd probably be ugly!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Perhaps if it didn't look like a girly-mon car!

• All electric, solar power, built in Apple TV as standard? I'm in!

• If it starts around the base price of a Civic and up I'm on it!

• It's got to be green!All electric, solar or whatever!

• Total voters

unclemac

Administrator
Staff member
I wonder who would buy one or two perhaps? ;) Personally, I might if it wasn't overpriced like the Tesla Roadster. For that type of vehicle to work it needs the press and attention of a high end sports car such as the Tesla but made for the masses like a Smart Car perhaps, at a down to earth price too. I've often told a good friend of mine as a joke but not exactly :D that Apple should consider, at least, a branch or division of an all encompassing design studio headed by Mr. Ives. I'm sure they could fix, yeah really fix lots of design errors, blunders and muckups of virtually anything! With the exception of Vista maybe. ;) Cars or transportation in general would be a high profile market right now if it was eco-friendly, different and very Apple but not too much and priced right. They'd have another hit on their hands! :)

I think Apple could do fascinating things with a car's interface, particularly the navigation systems, and other LCD-based configuration screens. I don't think any car company has a clue about this sort of thing, but you won't see it quickly, even if Apple does make a deal.

Besides, car makers right now just want to find ways to give you better fuel economy. How about an Apple iCar diesel? :D

Hmm, maybe if it was a biodiesel running used cooking oil from the fast food joints! :D There's a new development that's not really related but interesting but I'll save that for a different post but it can be associated with transportation.
Did you know there's an air powered car, yeah compressed air! Here's their headline from the website: "The Air Cars: Compressed air is an energy vector that can be used, in a viable way, to transport both people and goods. The main goal of Air Car Factories is to develop and manufacture a vehicle driven by a compressed air engine with a level of performance that will respond to the actual needs of todayís market. With this aim we have drawn up a full agenda and an R&D plan of action for production start up."
http://www.theaircar.com/acf/
If not diesel, biodiesel, solar/electric, what about steam? I personally think steam power is a lost art, even though I've yet to investigate it on my own it still intrigues me. :D

Hmm, maybe if it was a biodiesel running used cooking oil from the fast food joints! :D There's a new development that's not really related but interesting but I'll save that for a different post but it can be associated with transportation.
Did you know there's an air powered car, yeah compressed air! Here's their headline from the website: "The Air Cars: Compressed air is an energy vector that can be used, in a viable way, to transport both people and goods. The main goal of Air Car Factories is to develop and manufacture a vehicle driven by a compressed air engine with a level of performance that will respond to the actual needs of todayís market. With this aim we have drawn up a full agenda and an R&D plan of action for production start up."
http://www.theaircar.com/acf/
If not diesel, biodiesel, solar/electric, what about steam? I personally think steam power is a lost art, even though I've yet to investigate it on my own it still intrigues me. :D

A year and a half on -- no iCar, but the new Ford products have Microsoft technology, such as it is.

Back