Horrible Apple Experience

lazyslackmaster

Technology Fan
I ordered a 27" Imac on Saturday (Mar 27) and the order still isn't completed. They used an old CC that was taken out of their system over a year ago and replaced with a valid one, so I had to call in a new CC... they put it in their system wrong and it failed again...right account wrong expiration. After running it numerous times in a row, my bank locked my account for protection. I called the bank for my authorization number and then called Apple with the CC info again, but they say it shows different in their system, so they cannot update it nor will they take the banks authorization from me it has to come from the bank...it will need to go to review over the next several days and then they will have to call for a manual authorization from my back and that may take a few more days to get someone to manually call versus the automated system. I asked that this be completed ASAP as I would like to have the new system before the long weekend and an order shouldn't take over a week when the product is in stock. I should have went to the Apple store in the next city, but I was trying to save a few dollars in gas.

I Have them both on the phone right now..banks says that they are not stopping anything and have an authorization, but Apple is saying that is doesn't work....never, ever had problems with any other company with my CCs

I Have them both on the phone right now..banks says that they are not stopping anything and have an authorization, but Apple is saying that is doesn't work....never, ever had problems with any other company with my CCs

Speak to a supervisor. If you don't get relief from Apple, call their main number, ask to speak to an executive who handles customer relations and take it up with them.

OK..it is now 6 hours of fighting and they(Apple) say the new IMac will ship in the next 24 hours with Next Day delivery....They (Apple) tried to hit my account 35 times in 24 hours. My bank authorized the first transaction and then declined the other 34---after locking my account for 35 transactions coming from the same source...Apple missed the first authorization and only looked at the 34 that failed and wouldn't send the IMac and kept hitting my account. I really like my Mac, but I don't know if I can go thru this again....

OK..it is now 6 hours of fighting and they(Apple) say the new IMac will ship in the next 24 hours with Next Day delivery....They (Apple) tried to hit my account 35 times in 24 hours. My bank authorized the first transaction and then declined the other 34---after locking my account for 35 transactions coming from the same source...Apple missed the first authorization and only looked at the 34 that failed and wouldn't send the IMac and kept hitting my account. I really like my Mac, but I don't know if I can go thru this again....

It's more the banking system than Apple. They have to live with the resources they are provided with their merchant processing partners.

Glad you got it worked out. :)

Well we got the IMac a couple days ago and couldn't be happier with it. The transfer was flawless..Adobe deactivated and reactivated on the new machine with no issues, Carbon Copy Cloner had to be rebuilt, Itunes works....all in all, I couldn't have asked for a better machine!!

Well we got the IMac a couple days ago and couldn't be happier with it. The transfer was flawless..Adobe deactivated and reactivated on the new machine with no issues, Carbon Copy Cloner had to be rebuilt, Itunes works....all in all, I couldn't have asked for a better machine!!

Yes, that's how it works out probably 99.9% of the time.

When I moved to my 27-inch iMac, it took maybe 90 minutes to do a migration, and then I had to reinstall iTunes. Everything else just worked.

I normally dont take the time to leave comments but I found this post very internesting and creative. thanks for the fun read.

Back