Mac mini refresh anytime soon?

L

Lendroid

After suffering through the devastation of losing ALL my computers because of a break-in at my home back in May, I am nearly ready to replace the Macbook Pro I used to love with a newer Mac. The old one didn't make the cut to Mountain Lion (late 2006 model), so being able to run the latest from Apple is the only positive thing about that whole situation.
I want to get a Mac mini, and I wonder if I should wait a couple months more to see if they are refreshed. Apple has made no mention of this lately.
I think the Mac mini is perfect for my extra bedroom/office, because I will use it along with my Xbox 360 and the Dish Network to a 24" Samsung HDTV.
Anyone have any specific recommendations? I am going to get the iCore 7 model for $100 more. How does that compare to the 2.33gGHz Intel Core 2 Duo that was in my Macbook Pro? Is more than the 4GB RAM necessary to use Final Cut Pro? Thanks.

Sorry to hear of your loss. I hope your insurance company covered all or most of it.

There will probably be more Mac updates by fall, which means the Mac mini. Can you wait?

Unfortunately, I learned the hard way about the importance of spending $10/month for theft insurance. I had none. Sigh. I probably won't wait until fall, only because I have no home computer at all right now, and I'm going crazy without one. Thanks for your sympathy, Gene.

Actually recent rumors I've read (a little than 24 hours ago in fact) seem to indicate that Mac Mini may be the Apple hardware that may be completely manufactured in the US.
That being the case. it may be the first time in recent memory that Apple makes a big deal about the Mini instead of silently launching it with little to no fanfare.

EDIT: Sorry, did not realize the time of these threads!!! A year off but somewhat relevant I guess.

Back