OS X Lion/Office 2008 Compatibility

skiziks

Technology Fan
How can a Microsoft Office 2008 user find out if it will be compatible or not with OS X Lion ?

And if iPhoto '09 will be compatible as well.

The system requirements for OS Lion are readily available but there isn't any information on which applications will be dead in the water.

I guess the early adopters will be the guinea pigs.

How can a Microsoft Office 2008 user find out if it will be compatible or not with OS X Lion ?

And if iPhoto '09 will be compatible as well.

The system requirements for OS Lion are readily available but there isn't any information on which applications will be dead in the water.

I guess the early adopters will be the guinea pigs.

The latest iLife is '11, so I can't see where Apple will guarantee anything. As to Office 2008, not to avoid the issue, but it's up to Microsoft to make that determination.

I suspect you'll hear about what's compatible and what isn't during the next month or so as you await for the official Lion release.

Just to update everyone: Microsoft Office 2008 and 2011 are mostly compatible with Lion. Microsoft has recently released an update that addresses a few issues, and there are a handful more. But most functions should be fine; Outlook 2011 won't be able to import Apple Mail accounts, however.

A fully Lion savvy version, meaning support for Auto Save and Version in Word, Excel and PowerPoint, is a ways off, however.

Back