apple why have ouall forsaken me???

mofodownlow

Technology Novice
when is an store selling apple computers not an offical/sanctioned apple store???
i bought a eMac in boomington, il; when the eMac broke down, i had trouble with the store: cost to fix, time to fix, not hearing from the store----cost to fix too much, so paid for their time and left the eMac with the store.

found out offical/sanctioned apple stores are in st louis, mo(160 miles away)/chicago, il(100 miles away)(me in lincoln, il) for warranty work. 2 kind of stores selling apple computers??? why do apple, inc let others sell their computers???
Wal-mart, big box stores next???
so bought a iMac OS X 10.4.10 17" monitor(26JAN2006)(now obsolete, apple, inc-buy new only, no trade-ins) and 3-year coverage(call apple, inc-quesions only) in springfield, il(still have to pay for anything done)
decatur, il is another same kind of not offical/sanctioned store.

mofodownlow said:
when is an store selling apple computers not an offical/sanctioned apple store???
i bought a eMac in boomington, il; when the eMac broke down, i had trouble with the store: cost to fix, time to fix, not hearing from the store----cost to fix too much, so paid for their time and left the eMac with the store.

found out offical/sanctioned apple stores are in st louis, mo(160 miles away)/chicago, il(100 miles away)(me in lincoln, il) for warranty work. 2 kind of stores selling apple computers??? why do apple, inc let others sell their computers???
Wal-mart, big box stores next???
so bought a iMac OS X 10.4.10 17" monitor(26JAN2006)(now obsolete, apple, inc-buy new only, no trade-ins) and 3-year coverage(call apple, inc-quesions only) in springfield, il(still have to pay for anything done)
decatur, il is another same kind of not offical/sanctioned store.

Apple certainly authorizes other dealers to sell their product. There are dealers who are not authorized, but that might cause warranty coverage issues. But so long as the third party reseller has Apple authorization, it's all fine and good.

Back