Browser of Choice....

Frootloop

Technology Fan
So, here I am at a little past 3am having finished a piece of work that I really wanted to get out of the way..... and as my sleep patterns are shot to hell at the moment, thought I would check up on a few blogs and forums before hitting the hay. This time, I chose to open Firefox 2 as IE was being bad *slaps IE*. The first thing that struck me about Firefox was how fast it was running..... ok, so ive used it many times before but always seem to go back to IE for some strange reason. Safari still seems a bit basic for me, although its funtionality has improved somewhat with each update.

Think I will stick to Fx in the future as Ii may actually get my surfing done earlier, my work completed faster and perhaps my sleep patterns will return to normal.... or that may just be the coffee........

Sleep well

Frootloop said:
So, here I am at a little past 3am having finished a piece of work that I really wanted to get out of the way..... and as my sleep patterns are shot to hell at the moment, thought I would check up on a few blogs and forums before hitting the hay. This time, I chose to open Firefox 2 as IE was being bad *slaps IE*. The first thing that struck me about Firefox was how fast it was running..... ok, so ive used it many times before but always seem to go back to IE for some strange reason. Safari still seems a bit basic for me, although its funtionality has improved somewhat with each update.

Think I will stick to Fx in the future as Ii may actually get my surfing done earlier, my work completed faster and perhaps my sleep patterns will return to normal.... or that may just be the coffee........

Sleep well

I tolerate IE only to test my sites and make sure they work. Beyond that, I don't touch it.

I haven't touched IE for a while. Simply refuse to use it unless, like Gene mentioned, it's for testing purposes. Most of the Windows users I know don't touch IE and rely on Firefox.

Safari...ugh. Could be a whole lot better. I use it but sometimes I need to fire up Firefox.

I haven't used Firefox 2 yet. We use Firefox as the choice browser at work and I find it slower than Safari. Might try Firefox 2 when I get home from work.

I tried Opera once and I never took to it.

For me, it's OmniWEB. Currently using 5.10.

It is fast, reliable and I can't live without its site-specific preferences.

Maybe you might consider doing a segment on Browsers, Gene???

For me, it's OmniWEB. Currently using 5.10.

It is fast, reliable and I can't live without its site-specific preferences.

Maybe you might consider doing a segment on Browsers, Gene???
I've never really warmed up to OmniWeb. Right now, I concentrate on Safari and Firefox. But I test our sites with all the popular browsers -- just in case!

Since Lion, I can't use FireFox 7 as links to other areas and sites don't work. They simply, do nothing!
Still using OminWeb, now 5.11.

I solved the FireFox problem and it was my fault. I had accidentally disabled its ability to connect to any other sites with Little Snitch. I accidentally disallowed it to connect on any port to server. Once I deleted that option it works fine. I still just love Little Snitch and it allowed me to see and approve/dis-approve Google Chrome from phoning home behind my back and reinstalling itself even after I trashed it.

Back