Coonection to remote router

nightvision

Technology Novice
I had my PC hooked up to a AT@T gateway in my room but now I have a Comcast cable internet using a gateway which is far from my room, actually it is in the living room. My question is can I connect my night owl system to the computer in my room using a router and the have this router to communicate with the cable gateway in the living room?. Presently my PC communicates with the cable modem via a USB wireless adaptor, that is, my internet access is wireless. I know I can run a CAT 5 cable from the night owl DVR to the Comcast gateway and do the set up but the cable would be very long. Can you please give me some suggestions or ideas. May be a router in my room to communicate with the Comcast gateway wirelessly?.

Thank you.

If you don't have a wireless cable gateway, ask Comcast if they offer one. Or you'd put a Wi-Fi router, such as an Apple AirPort Extreme, next to the Comcast cable gateway with a wired connection. You can then feed the signal wirelessly around your home. That's assuming I understand your question.

Comcast provides a WI-FI router so I'm wirelessly connected. The solution is to get a WI-FI bridge like WET610N or better to have the DVR "talk" to Comcast router via the bridge. I'd like to know if somebody have done this before.
Thank you for your reply.

Back