Feb 7 Show - Joe Wilcox

maccam

Technology Novice
I am not an iPhone (or any mobile phone user) but I could not disagree more with the view expressed by Joe Wilcox that Apple effectively has a responsibility to support iPhone hacks that exploit security flaws. This is an incredible stand to take. Fixing security holes is an issue that is in no way comparable to the MS activation kill switch. If I ignore the warnings, take the back of my old CRT TV and then electrocute myself, it is my fault, not Sony's.

maccam said:
I am not an iPhone (or any mobile phone user) but I could not disagree more with the view expressed by Joe Wilcox that Apple effectively has a responsibility to support iPhone hacks that exploit security flaws. This is an incredible stand to take. Fixing security holes is an issue that is in no way comparable to the MS activation kill switch. If I ignore the warnings, take the back of my old CRT TV and then electrocute myself, it is my fault, not Sony's.

That is the most significant point, that Apple has the responsibility to protect its customers from security leaks. Besides, as I said on the show, it's not as if they didn't warn you of the potential consequences if you ran the software anyway.

But people sometimes won't listen. Unfortunately that applies to Joe in this case too.

And I'm posting this message from my iPhone. :D

Back