Is MobileMe another Halo/Trojan horse for Apple?

Is MobileMe another Halo for Apple?

• It's beginning to look like Halo, everywhere you go!

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • All your base, are belong to Apple! ;)

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Meh, maybe, maybe not.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Man, you're off base way off base!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

unclemac

Administrator
Staff member
That's my thinking and even more so after I listened to last night's episode of The Tech Night Owl Live. I'm sure I'm not the first one to think so but when you take a typical Windows user give them iTunes for free and snag them with a MobileMe account? Hmm, many have said that the Web 2.0 apps on MobileMe look an awful lot like Mac apps, slick, speedy, etc., almost identical. That might be another way to produce another Halo effect or just make the Halo much larger in scope. From what I understand you don't actually have to buy the MM service if you have access to a friend or family's.
Hmm, the plot thickens! Is the trend getting stronger? I believe so and it's easy to see: iTunes, iPods, Intel Macs able to run Windows, iPhones, Exchange Support on the iPhone for the enterprise and in Snow Leopard. Apple is beginning to be more of a friend of M$ but I wonder what's that old saying? "Keep your friends close but your enemies closer?"

I was thinking that it was possible that Apple might partner up with Google and their line of apps with MM but I didn't see that. However, like you mentioned the next logical step would be iWork since they have M$ and throw in Google App support and it's a no brainer there. :)

Back