macbook pro with texas instruments firewire chipset

unasino

Technology Novice
Hi

Please, do you know which macbook pro models(MA896LL/A,etc..)
in 2007 and 2008 have "Texas instruments" or "Agere"
firewire chipset?

Overall between MA896LL and MA896LL/A (mid 2007 and late 2007)

My TC Electronic Konnekt 8 don't work with agere chipset.

Thanks

unasino said:
Hi

Please, do you know which macbook pro models(MA896LL/A,etc..)
in 2007 and 2008 have "Texas instruments" or "Agere"
firewire chipset?

Overall between MA896LL and MA896LL/A (mid 2007 and late 2007)

My TC Electronic Konnekt 8 don't work with agere chipset.

Thanks

That's an odd question, and I don't know whether there's a consistent answer, because Apple is known to change suppliers during a product's production run.

Are you sure this is a conflict with the Agere chipset? Have you tried another Mac?

You can find out what FW chipset you have by booting your mac and holding down "Command" and "s". It will have a whole lot of info but you will see the chipset somewhere. Just type exit when you're done and the mac will boot normally from there. This issue was logged with the manufacturer and users with the issue also had the lucent chipset.

As Gene mentioned, try it on another Macbook or even an iMac. Also try using the AC plug instead of it being bus powered...if that's an option. Also, remove the Integrator.component that is installed with the Konnekt 8 software/plugin. If all else fails, try the consumer FAQ. I'm sure other have had this issue.

Are you recording via Garageband? I am having issues with GB and I am honestly thinking of ditching it and getting a proconsumer app.

Jose Collado said:
You can find out what FW chipset you have by booting your mac and holding down "Command" and "s". It will have a whole lot of info but you will see the chipset somewhere. Just type exit when you're done and the mac will boot normally from there. This issue was logged with the manufacturer and users with the issue also had the lucent chipset.

As Gene mentioned, try it on another Macbook or even an iMac. Also try using the AC plug instead of it being bus powered...if that's an option. Also, remove the Integrator.component that is installed with the Konnekt 8 software/plugin. If all else fails, try the consumer FAQ. I'm sure other have had this issue.

Are you recording via Garageband? I am having issues with GB and I am honestly thinking of ditching it and getting a proconsumer app.

Additionally, if the computer is still under warranty (and I always recommend AppleCare for notebooks), maybe it's possible to have the computer in question checked by Apple to see if they're willing to swap the logic board for one that contains the proper FireWire chip. No promises, of course.

Yupp yupp...extended AppleCare is definitely a wise investment. Those little logic boards have the same price tag as internal organs on the black market.

Back