Multi-Monitor setup

RonCollins

Technology Novice
Being new to the Mac world I am not sure what my options are. Windows supports up to 9 monitors (obviously you have to buy the cards). I use 4 monitors currently for my development work.

1 = Dev Design/Code Pane
2 = Dev Tools
3 = Test Browsers
4 = Email/IM/media player(usually tuned to the paracast archives)

Do I have this expandability for the Mac? I see that on the back of my iMac I have a secondary video out. Is this all that is available?

Thanks

I just ran across this at Matrox and maybe it will help you w/o too much hassle.
From their Mac section:
"Experience the Wonders of More Space with TripleHead2Go Digital Edition
When you're on your Mac, do you sometimes like to run multiple files and programs simultaneously to get things done a little bit quicker? The problem that many of us face when running multiple applications is the desktop clutter that appears on the crammed display. Now, Matrox can add up to an astonishing three displays to your Mac and eliminate desktop clutter.
Unique technology. Increased productivity.
TripleHead2Go Digital Edition is part of the innovative Graphics eXpansion Module (GXM) product line that allows you to add multiple displays without a lot of hassle. Leave your toolbox in the shed and simply make a couple of cable connections. It's that easy."
http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/gxm/products/mac/home.php
They also offer a dual setup and if you're bargain hunting you might find a refurbished one. Please post a reply if you happen to try this little jewel out and it works. I have a MacBook and an old iMac and that would be an easily affordable option. :D

Are you using Leopard? Could the Spaces feature help you out? :)

Back