New guest suggestion for the show Paul Thurrott?!

Paul Thurrott as a future guest on TNOL?

• Yes go for it!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah, a waste of time!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

unclemac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Gene, sorry if I posted this in the wrong category but anyways I wonder if you might consider having or entertaining the idea of asking and hopefully landing Paul Thurrott as a guest in the near future? I see, from my limited reading & such, that Paul may be your alter ego so to speak. ;) If you're wondering who's Paul? He's the man behind the "SuperSite for Windows" and the "Windows Weekly" Podcast.
How did this come to a head? I suppose now a former listener of The Tech Night Owl Live, and a good friend of mine Randy, told me he wasn't going to listen to your show since you "bash Microsoft/Windows" way too much. But Paul bashes Macs and other Apple products and services and you guessed it, Randy is a big fan of his. Oh, yeah Randy is a Windoze user. ;) From time to time Randy sends me posts related to Apple from Paul's site and they're aggravating since even though Randy claims he's neutral I don't think so! LOL
Either way it would be interesting to see if he would say yes and what would be the topics at hand.
Thanks!
Uncle Mac :D

unclemac said:
Hi Gene, sorry if I posted this in the wrong category but anyways I wonder if you might consider having or entertaining the idea of asking and hopefully landing Paul Thurrott as a guest in the near future? I see, from my limited reading & such, that Paul may be your alter ego so to speak. ;) If you're wondering who's Paul? He's the man behind the "SuperSite for Windows" and the "Windows Weekly" Podcast.
How did this come to a head? I suppose now a former listener of The Tech Night Owl Live, and a good friend of mine Randy, told me he wasn't going to listen to your show since you "bash Microsoft/Windows" way too much. But Paul bashes Macs and other Apple products and services and you guessed it, Randy is a big fan of his. Oh, yeah Randy is a Windoze user. ;) From time to time Randy sends me posts related to Apple from Paul's site and they're aggravating since even though Randy claims he's neutral I don't think so! LOL
Either way it would be interesting to see if he would say yes and what would be the topics at hand.
Thanks!
Uncle Mac :D

Actually we've had some positive comments on Windows and Microsoft products. Even Microsoft has been on the shows, but bashing them is real simple, the way they are now especially.

Thurrott? Perhaps I'll put him on the same show as David Biedny, sit back and have a good laugh. :D

That would be sooo freakin' awesome! LOL Would he live after the encounter with David? :-D
I'm gonna have to pass this idea around if you'd consider it at least and maybe I'll brave his website and post something like would he go if invited?
Thanks!

unclemac said:
That would be sooo freakin' awesome! LOL Would he live after the encounter with David? :-D
I'm gonna have to pass this idea around if you'd consider it at least and maybe I'll brave his website and post something like would he go if invited?
Thanks!

I have no problem with that. We take all comers.

You should see some of the people we've had on The Paracast. :D

I'm a big but not in the closet fan of the Paracast and so is my friend Randy. Actually, I introduced him to the Paracast and he was hooked or hypnotized as I especially after you & David tend to grow on you, eh I mean me or whatever! Hopefully, not as a parasite! ;) Ha-Ha! I told Randy I know Gene is biased toward Mac's, that's obvious and I could've warned him of that if it bothered him that much. However, you're correct that you've posted positive comments on MS and it's products and quite the opposite to that effect when they are easy to pick on. If there were any differences between you and Paul or David it would be interesting to see or hear the discussion and the end result. I think it would really be a lot of fun. :D BTW I've never listened to Paul's Podcast and I haven't an interest in it either.

Well, for what it's worth I posted an open invitation of sorts on Paul's forums and I'm curious what, if any, replies or comments I'll receive from him or his members. ;)
I really think it would be a great show and a very interesting guest to have on The Tech Night Owl Live. However, I do worry about David meeting him unless you keep him chained up and make sure he takes his medication! ;) LOL :D
Today I checked and according to his site: "In the past 3 days, the most popular thread for everyone has been "Paul, would you be a future guest on The Tech Night Owl Live?"...The most replies were made to "Paul, would you be a future guest on The Tech Night Owl Live?". However when I look up my post I don't see any replies! :confused: Maybe it don't like my MacBook & Safari 3.1.1 I'm using! Ha-Ha!:D
Here's the invite. ;)
http://community.winsupersite.com/forums/p/2727/14276.aspx#14276
I hope he will accept the offer and as a couple of infamous Klingons have said: "It would be glorious!" ;)

Interestingly on Paul's forums you can "tag" your posts. So on the main page everything I tagged mine with, except "Mac", shows up. But at the top is: Apple, David Biedny, Gene Steinberg, The Mac Night Owl & The Tech Night Owl Live.
It's here: http://community.winsupersite.com/forums/
I will say that this is very funny even for Mac users: "Mission Accomplished:(Paul Thurrott's) The State of Windows Vista" He used George W's original state of the union addresses in 2K6 & 7 mixed in with Vista and it's worth a read!
A (Humorous) Address to Windows Citizens" you'll find it here:
http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/winvista_state.asp

I will say that this is very funny even for Mac users: "Mission Accomplished:(Paul Thurrott's) The State of Windows Vista" He used George W's original state of the union addresses in 2K6 & 7 mixed in with Vista and it's worth a read!

unclemac said:
Interestingly on Paul's forums you can "tag" your posts. So on the main page everything I tagged mine with, except "Mac", shows up. But at the top is: Apple, David Biedny, Gene Steinberg, The Mac Night Owl & The Tech Night Owl Live.
It's here: http://community.winsupersite.com/forums/

Well, his message board isn't very busy. Not that ours is, but I expected more from him, since he's been at it longer.

Gene Steinberg said:
Well, his message board isn't very busy. Not that ours is, but I expected more from him, since he's been at it longer.

True I was surprised myself on that regard. Although I thought your forums here would've been more active unless they're hanging out on the Paracast site. Ha-Ha! I need to signup over there too and see what's happening as I've had a few weird experiences myself but nothing that compares to David or Jeff especially! :D
Peace and long life.
BTW Thanx for the tip on the post it worked but I did really like the Lagniappe theme. Kinda Macish and had a hint of Louisiana Cajun with the name to me anyways. ;)

Hmm, I know you try to cross promote both totally unrelated shows but I wonder if it would help if you added something like Paul's "tagging" or showed maybe a small window of what's the top 5 hot posts on either site and have those results on the front page of each forum as a cross promo? I think the tagging is kinda cool but other than that I really like the style of your forums. ;)
BTW I'm working on a Podcast myself ,Mac based, to be released one day and now I've pushed my goal to the WWDC this year or thereabouts to get it out. But I'd love to plug both of your shows and I was wondering if you had an audio file that's more like a promo commercial that would be fantastic! If not it would be a good idea and I'm sure that you or perhaps David would like to do it if he has time. You've got a library of good material and a few selected clips with a few jokes and puns would be awesome. :D
Have a great weekend!

unclemac said:
Hmm, I know you try to cross promote both totally unrelated shows but I wonder if it would help if you added something like Paul's "tagging" or showed maybe a small window of what's the top 5 hot posts on either site and have those results on the front page of each forum as a cross promo? I think the tagging is kinda cool but other than that I really like the style of your forums. ;)
BTW I'm working on a Podcast myself ,Mac based, to be released one day and now I've pushed my goal to the WWDC this year or thereabouts to get it out. But I'd love to plug both of your shows and I was wondering if you had an audio file that's more like a promo commercial that would be fantastic! If not it would be a good idea and I'm sure that you or perhaps David would like to do it if he has time. You've got a library of good material and a few selected clips with a few jokes and puns would be awesome. :D
Have a great weekend!

We don't have any audio files that would serve the promotional category, but I'll keep it in mind.

Hmm, since Mr. Matt took me up on my suggestion maybe I should try to get Paul by indirect invite via Uncle Mac! LOL ;) BTW My friend Randy that I mentioned at the beginning of this thread, actually thought my idea was fantastic! I can't believe it! I thought for sure he wouldn't approve but he was hoping that it would happen. Ha-Ha! :D I listened to one of his short podcasts, Windows Weekly, which actually has a Mac guy, I believe, onboard. It's possible that you may know or heard of him: Leo Laporte. He's a part of the twit.tv and Mac Break Weekly team. Perhaps, if you or I asked him then something could happen either way a yes, no or even a "maybe"? :)

Back