Refurbished iPod

aaron

Technology Fan
Here is a situation that is just unfolding. A few days ago, my 3rd generation 15gb iPod bit the dust. To replace it, I decided to go a little cheap and get a refurbished 30gb iPod w/video since it was $100 less than a new 30gb iPod w/video. The box arrived today and much to my surprise, it had the CD, the slip like cover for the iPod, earphones, and a USB sync cable but no iPod. I have called Apple about it and James (the person who I spoke with at Apple) told me he is transferring the case to a different department and they will get back to me in 24 hours.

For understandable reasons, I don't think that they believe me.

aaron said:
Here is a situation that is just unfolding. A few days ago, my 3rd generation 15gb iPod bit the dust. To replace it, I decided to go a little cheap and get a refurbished 30gb iPod w/video since it was $100 less than a new 30gb iPod w/video. The box arrived today and much to my surprise, it had the CD, the slip like cover for the iPod, earphones, and a USB sync cable but no iPod. I have called Apple about it and James (the person who I spoke with at Apple) told me he is transferring the case to a different department and they will get back to me in 24 hours.

For understandable reasons, I don't think that they believe me.

Well, did you buy it direct from Apple or what?

What a terrible situation to be in. What a bummer. I would do as suggested and contact your credit card company. From what I understand most card companies pride themselves on offering protection to its customers on these such things.

Paul

Paul said:
What a terrible situation to be in. What a bummer. I would do as suggested and contact your credit card company. From what I understand most card companies pride themselves on offering protection to its customers on these such things.

Paul
I am also very curious as to whether Aaron was able to resolve this dilemma directly with Apple. That would be the most sensible solution for all.

Gene Steinberg said:
very curious as to whether Aaron was able to resolve this dilemma directly with Apple. That would be the most sensible solution for all.
The good news is that the issue has been resolved. Apple sent me a replacement iPod which I received today.

I had called the Apple Store's 800 number again on Monday and got someone in customer service who was very competent and sent my case to a department within Apple that handles these issues. It seems that the person that I spoke to last week never forwarded my case to this department. Be that as it may, they sent out a replacement via Fed Ex last night and the iPod was in my hands today.

Gene Steinberg said:
very curious as to whether Aaron was able to resolve this dilemma directly with Apple. That would be the most sensible solution for all.
aaron said:
The good news is that the issue has been resolved. Apple sent me a replacement iPod which I received today.

I had called the Apple Store's 800 number again on Monday and got someone in customer service who was very competent and sent my case to a department within Apple that handles these issues. It seems that the person that I spoke to last week never forwarded my case to this department. Be that as it may, they sent out a replacement via Fed Ex last night and the iPod was in my hands today.
Glad to hear it worked out OK. :)

Back