Slow downloads of Tech Nite Owl through Itunes

podcurious1

Technology Fan
:(
Early Friday morning, I went to download the Tech Nite Owl podcast. I use Itunes 7.1.1 because I bought an ipod, and had to upgrade Itunes for compability.

I notice the downloading taking a considerable amount of time. I check the download section and it said that the file was 41 mb, and it would take 71 minutes to download? I have a broadband connection (3mb per second).

In the past with earlier version of Itunes, it only took 8 minutes. I tried downloading older Tech Nite Owl podcasts, and lot of them said it would take 20 to 30 minutes per file.

I tested downloading other podcasts, and I got them in a few minutes. Any ideas what's going on?

podcurious said:
Early Friday morning, I went to download the Tech Nite Owl podcast. I use Itunes 7.1.1 because I bought an ipod, and had to upgrade Itunes for compability.

I notice the downloading taking a considerable amount of time. I check the download section and it said that the file was 41 mb, and it would take 71 minutes to download? I have a broadband connection (3mb per second).

In the past with earlier version of Itunes, it only took 8 minutes. I tried downloading older Tech Nite Owl podcasts, and lot of them said it would take 20 to 30 minutes per file.

I tested downloading other podcasts, and I got them in a few minutes. Any ideas what's going on?

Thanks for writing.

We recently switched to a new server, so there are some setup glitches. We should have this resolved in a few days at most.

Gene Steinberg said:
podcurious said:

Thanks for writing.

We recently switched to a new server, so there are some setup glitches. We should have this resolved in a few days at most.

I just wanted to give everyone an update. Our Web host has loosened up what they call "traffic shaping" on our server, and things are much snappier now, probably faster than ever :)

If anyone else has a problem downloading our episodes, let us know about it as soon as possible.

Back