The Blending of Two Worlds

Sandanfire

Technology Novice
I'm not sure if this was posted elsewhere on the forums, if so, I apologize, but what is hands-down the best emulator to run Windows-based applications on Mac Snow Leopard? My work is looking to deploy some Mac's in our environment for iPod app. dev. and I've been tasked with the project. This is one of the more critical components I want to get right.

Thoughts?

I'm not sure if this was posted elsewhere on the forums, if so, I apologize, but what is hands-down the best emulator to run Windows-based applications on Mac Snow Leopard? My work is looking to deploy some Mac's in our environment for iPod app. dev. and I've been tasked with the project. This is one of the more critical components I want to get right.

Thoughts?
There are two high-grade virtual machine products that let you run Windows: Parallels Desktop and VMWare Fusion. As you can see from the reviews, the products leapfrog each other regularly when it comes to features and performance tweaks. Both get the job done in quite a respectable fashion.

I would avoid, however, the free VirtualBox. Its performance ratio just doesn't rate.

There are two high-grade virtual machine products that let you run Windows: Parallels Desktop and VMWare Fusion. As you can see from the reviews, the products leapfrog each other regularly when it comes to features and performance tweaks. Both get the job done in quite a respectable fashion.

I would avoid, however, the free VirtualBox. Its performance ratio just doesn't rate.

Awesome. Thanks Gene. I will diligently research these apps. We use some VM's in our environment already.

Thanks again.

Back