The Dust Buildup

satcomer

Technology Novice
Ever since I have had my G5 Dual 1.8 tower the dust has been building up in it. I have noticed with the many holes in the front the G5 sucks in so much air that has dust in it. I soon discovered that I had to clean it out about once a month because after that the fans would start sounding like vacuum cleaners. So the lesson is to open you Mac once in a while and clean it the dust out.

It took a good half year to figure this out (the fans were going constantly). I have to use some compressed air and a hose off my vacuum to suck up the dust. My G5 had been humming nicely ever since.

Ever since I have had my G5 Dual 1.8 tower the dust has been building up in it. I have noticed with the many holes in the front the G5 sucks in so much air that has dust in it. I soon discovered that I had to clean it out about once a month because after that the fans would start sounding like vacuum cleaners. So the lesson is to open you Mac once in a while and clean it the dust out.

It took a good half year to figure this out (the fans were going constantly). I have to use some compressed air and a hose off my vacuum to suck up the dust. My G5 had been humming nicely ever since.

Here in Arizona, we have a particularly dusty climate. So I feel your pain. :)

Back