About Apple's Mac World 2009 ...

HerbVista

Technology Novice
About Apple's Mac World 2009 ...

1) Was happy to hear about the iTunes Plus expansion ... have already spent $40 on upgrades ... embarrassed to admit I bought classical music a 128 bps ... also embarrassed to admit I lost original DRM'ed music when "rebuilding" PC's ... So the chance to "upgrade" old purchases has given me better music fidelity and "restored" lost original downloads !!!

I am not a fan of the Amazon store for digital music ... used Tower Records for physical CD's ... but my favorite digital store is the iTunes store ... especially late at night !

2) Was hoping to buy a Mac Laptop in early 2009 but was disappointed with only a new 17" Pro model announced ... and very expensive ... still see much better value in Sony "high color" optioned laptops but was hoping to buy an Apple for the O/S ... was hoping for an affordable 15" model ...

3) Disappointed that Apple continues to push the shinny glass protected LCD/LED screens ... the wife hates them ... she only can tolerate the 17" matte screen laptop ... (all of our monitors are matte finished) ...

So here I sit still typing on an old PC using Linux as a poor substitute for Leopard ... waiting ... waiting ... waiting ... for that perfect Mac book ... but at least my iTunes Plus music is playing with the Helix Banshee player on Novell SLED !!!

Back