annoying high pitched hiss on last 2 podcasts

P

Paul

No disrespect intended, but I just want to note that the last two podcasts have had an annoying high pitched hiss in the background. It is very distracting as. In fact when trying to listen to the podcast while working this weekend I had to shut it off due to the high pitched hiss. Gene I know you take great pride in your audio so I look forward to this issue being addressed.

Again, i am not trying to be crass or mean spirited in my comments, it is just that I really enjoy listening to the show and have not been able to for the last two weeks due to the annoying hiss.

Thanks,
Paul

Paul, I'm not sure what you're hearing, but we did increase the encoding rate slightly to improve audio quality in recent weeks. I will, however, see if we can reencode the stream with a high-frequency cut and see if that makes the difference.

You'll see the result in a day or two.

Thanks for your reply,

There is definitely an annoying high pitched sound in the background, although it is tough to describe in words. I even tried listening to the podcast on another mac to make sure it was not my main setup causing the noise, and it was there on my MacBook Pro as well.

Listen to the stream on the website you can hear it there as well.

Thanks again for trying to fix it, and I hope you can hear it so you know what I am referring to.

Paul

Paul said:
Thanks for your reply,

There is definitely an annoying high pitched sound in the background, although it is tough to describe in words. I even tried listening to the podcast on another mac to make sure it was not my main setup causing the noise, and it was there on my MacBook Pro as well.

Listen to the stream on the website you can hear it there as well.

Thanks again for trying to fix it, and I hope you can hear it so you know what I am referring to.

Paul
I wish I could, but I can't; age does that to you :) I have, however, done several post-production things that ought to eliminate any high frequency component in the encoding, which is where it would probably have to be.

The episodes of 9/21 and 9/28 have been replaced with updated versions. Let me know if it changes anything.

Yes, that did the trick. I listened to the stream on the website and it is much better:) I look forward to hearing it applied to next weeks "podcast version".

What you did will also make it sound better in my car as well. Usually I have to crank down the treble so that the "T's" and "S's" are not so biting. It sounds super now!

Awesome, Thanks,
Paul

Gene,
Just a quick note that the high pitched noise problem is "NOT" on this weeks podcast version of the show. What you did with the high pass filter (I cant remember exactly what it was called) worked great and it seems to no longer be an issue:)

Thanks for the speedy fix,
Paul

Back