Can the iPhone Record Video?

P

Paul

Can the iPhone record Video?

I have searched to find an answer to this and have not found one. I have only had time to watch 30 min of the keynote so i don't know if Steve talked about it.

Most cell phones can shoot video and I am hoping the iPhone with all it's awesome features can as well. It seems a feature like recording video would be a feature that would have tight integration with iMovie and iWeb as well as the upcoming iLife 07. It would make the iPhone great for business types as well as family folks. (record the kids playing in the yard, pop it in iMovie, then to iWeb for grandma to check out.

Paul W.

Paul said:
Can the iPhone record Video?

I have searched to find an answer to this and have not found one. I have only had time to watch 30 min of the keynote so i don't know if Steve talked about it.

Most cell phones can shoot video and I am hoping the iPhone with all it's awesome features can as well. It seems a feature like recording video would be a feature that would have tight integration with iMovie and iWeb as well as the upcoming iLife 07. It would make the iPhone great for business types as well as family folks. (record the kids playing in the yard, pop it in iMovie, then to iWeb for grandma to check out.

Paul W.

Apple's specs talk about photos, not movies. Videos on most cell phones are crummy -- maybe that high-end Samsung model that has a 3 megapixel camera that's available from Verizon Wireless.

On the other hand, we havent heard the last word on the iPhone. Even if Apple resolves its legal dispute with Cisco Systems over the trademark -- or just calls it the iPod phone or the Mudpie or whatever -- there will be a lot more news of what this device can do over the coming months.

Steve never said that these are all the features -- that's it -- whatever.

Since this was posted it is technically possible but like Gene said the video would be crummy. :( However with the App Store coming in a little over a week who knows?! :D The way they should do it would be to make an add on accessory that would connect via the dock connector with a better camera since the hardware and software is capable. I've seen it on the Jail Broken iPhones, the demos not the extra camera but it's a great idea for video conferencing. :D

Ever since the Apple iPhone was released it has been (rightfully) criticized for the lack of video recording capabilities. Or so it was until today as a third-party solution seems to be just around the corner.
The guy from Monster and Friends has just posted a working beta of an application that can actually create videos using the iPhone's camera. What is even more exiting than that is the fact that the videos are captured at 2 megapixel resolution. Yeah, you heard that right - 2 megapixel.
As of now however the framerate is quite low achieving the miserly 10 fps but this is no surprise as at this stage the application is more proof of concept than something really useful. The author however promises that even videos of 40-45 fps could actually be captured with next versions.
Check out this YouTube video of how the beta works:

<object width="425" height="355">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2L0cNPMSDXs&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></object>
A bold promise by all means but we are yet to see if it can actually be fulfilled. As of now the application allows the iPhone to record a 5 second video and replay it right after it is captured. We are yet to see if the promise for a 15-30 fps video at unlimited length will also be kept with the final version.

<table x:str="" style="border-collapse: collapse; width: 48pt;" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="64"><col style="width: 48pt;" width="64"><tbody><tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td style="height: 12.75pt; width: 48pt;" width="64" height="17">Software developer</td> </tr></tbody></table>

yeah it works.................it records the videos and have a special memory of 16 gb.

For cheap Zhu Zhu pets please see the Zhu Zhu pets hamsters site where you canbuy zhu zhu pets
hamsters at low prices.

Back