iLife 07 & Leopard is Now iLife '08

P

Paul

I have a prediction here... iLife 07 is part of Leopard.

Besides reading the newsletter a couple months ago where Gene touched on it as a possibility, the fact that it has not been announced yet further strengthens by belief it will be included in Leopard.

Plus, if I remember correctly at the last developers conference Jobs said something like frontrow, photobooth, and other things will be on all macs when leopard is released. Also, incorporating iLife into Leopard would make it easier to implement certain features into Leopard (especially ones we have not seen) more seamlessly if everyone who was running Leopard was running the same version of iLife, (instead of some running in with 06 or 05).

I also think that all macs will be able to have fontrow in leopard and that there will be some type of USB dongle available for purchase so you can use the remote on say a powermac G5 or older imac, etc...

Paul

Paul said:
I have a prediction here... iLife 07 is part of Leopard.

Besides reading the newsletter a couple months ago where Gene touched on it as a possibility, the fact that it has not been announced yet further strengthens by belief it will be included in Leopard.

Plus, if I remember correctly at the last developers conference Jobs said something like frontrow, photobooth, and other things will be on all macs when leopard is released. Also, incorporating iLife into Leopard would make it easier to implement certain features into Leopard (especially ones we have not seen) more seamlessly if everyone who was running Leopard was running the same version of iLife, (instead of some running in with 06 or 05).

I also think that all macs will be able to have fontrow in leopard and that there will be some type of USB dongle available for purchase so you can use the remote on say a powermac G5 or older imac, etc...

Paul

There are significant reasons why iLife should be part of the operating system, since it allows you to get all features, and there's the issue of integration. Right now, for iLife '06, you need Tiger for the best results.

I also think that Apple might just charge more for the Leopard upgrade as a result, say $159, claiming that you're still getting a bargain, because you don't have to pay $79 for iLife '07 or whatever.

Yes, I'll have more to say about that shortly.

Of course, as you listeners and readers know, iLife '08 is now out, accompanied by iWork '08, and Leopard will definitely be $129 without bundling anything extra.

So much for predictions :)

I'm going to new iLife 08 soon. My Garageband has totally sucked since upgrading to 10.5. The new iMovie looks pretty cool...it's no Shake but I'd still tinker with it. Implementing iLife would have been a good move for Apple

Back