Keychain

skiziks

Technology Fan
I always read the Night Owl so it followed that I would sign up to read Night Owl Forums.

My question is about when does a Keychain box open and offer to save your User Name and Password while registering for a site such as this forum?

Many times after registering for a web site, either during the registration or after logging out and logging back in, Keychain will save the information.

This didn't happen while, or after, registering for this forum. What determines if Keychain saves these things or not? And how would I get Keychain to save my log-in information for me?

skiziks said:
I always read the Night Owl so it followed that I would sign up to read Night Owl Forums.

My question is about when does a Keychain box open and offer to save your User Name and Password while registering for a site such as this forum?

Many times after registering for a web site, either during the registration or after logging out and logging back in, Keychain will save the information.

This didn't happen while, or after, registering for this forum. What determines if Keychain saves these things or not? And how would I get Keychain to save my log-in information for me?

It's partly the site sending the appropriate cookie back to your Mac, which our message board software doesn't do.

OK, thanks for the reply.

I tried to add a New Password Item to Keychain for this forum.

I entered: http://technightowl.live/smf/index.php
My User Name
My Password
Restarted the computer.
Went back to this forum, made sure that I was Logged Out, attempted to Sign In, but only my User Name would fill out for me.
I still had to type in the Password manually.
Is this Keychain feature completely dependent on Cookies?

skiziks said:
OK, thanks for the reply.

I tried to add a New Password Item to Keychain for this forum.

I entered: http://technightowl.live/smf/index.php
My User Name
My Password
Restarted the computer.
Went back to this forum, made sure that I was Logged Out, attempted to Sign In, but only my User Name would fill out for me.
I still had to type in the Password manually.
Is this Keychain feature completely dependent on Cookies?
I'm assuming, if you're using Safari, that it's set to store user passwords, right?

That's the best I can offer. In my case, once passwords have been entered, it usually stays logged in whenever I go back to it :)

Back