Leopard Delayed

aaron

Technology Fan
With the news yesterday that Leopard will be delayed until October, what do people think about their reasons for the delay? If we take their reasons for their delay on its merits (something that I am inclined to do), what does this mean for future development of new products if they can't work on more than one new product at a time?

aaron said:
With the news yesterday that Leopard will be delayed until October, what do people think about their reasons for the delay? If we take their reasons for their delay on its merits (something that I am inclined to do), what does this mean for future development of new products if they can't work on more than one new product at a time?

Well, remember, too, that the iPhone is a totally new product, even though it leverages Mac OS X technology. So I am inclined to accept what Apple claims, in part. But how many people did they "borrow" from Leopard to cause a four-month delay?

It could be partly an excuse to explain problems developing the new OS.

In any case, my feeling is that you can't predict how long a project will really take when you're doing it for the first time, although you'd like to come close. If Apple needs more people, they surely have the money to hire them.

Back