Opinion on blog linked images etc?

Frootloop

Technology Fan
I have my blog sitting there with a few entries now, and in many of the entries I have image thumbnails. At the moment, when the thumbnails are clicked, they open in the same window. While this is ok in principle, it forces the user to have to click the "back" button to get back to my blog content. Some believe it to be bad practice to force another window open with a target="_blank" command, but it would certainly make my blog easier to navigate. Any opinions on this would be greatly received :)

Frootloop said:
I have my blog sitting there with a few entries now, and in many of the entries I have image thumbnails. At the moment, when the thumbnails are clicked, they open in the same window. While this is ok in principle, it forces the user to have to click the "back" button to get back to my blog content. Some believe it to be bad practice to force another window open with a target="_blank" command, but it would certainly make my blog easier to navigate. Any opinions on this would be greatly received :)

If I link to another site, I open a new window or tab. For the thumbnails, maybe the same window, as it is now.

Thanks for that Gene, its basically what i have set up at the mo. Im just concerned that when visitors to my site click on my example images, it opens in the same window with nothing but the image on the now-blank page.

Linked sites open in a new window, I think thats acceptable, not so sure about my own images opening windows all over the place, it just seems well, rude hehe

Frootloop said:
Thanks for that Gene, its basically what i have set up at the mo. Im just concerned that when visitors to my site click on my example images, it opens in the same window with nothing but the image on the now-blank page.

Linked sites open in a new window, I think thats acceptable, not so sure about my own images opening windows all over the place, it just seems well, rude hehe

Well, there's also a downside to having too many windows open.

Gene Steinberg said:
Well, there's also a downside to having too many windows open.

Isnt that what the 30" Apple Cinema HD Display is for? ;)

Back