To-good-to-be-true for Adobe CS4?

podcurious1

Technology Fan
:confused:Hey Gene, check out the following link:
Buy Adobe CS4 Design Premium

This might interest your friend David. The full version of Adobe CS4 Premium for half price?

I needed to upgrade my Adobe software, and when I saw this I made a purchase. Now i'm thinking there's a catch. When I did a Goggle search, I saw similar listings but they were selling the "educational" version.

On another forum, I read that the "educational" version is functionally equivalent to the retail one. But there may be freebies missing, plus you cannot use it for commercial use or upgrade to CS5 when available.

This company lists this as the retail version for the end user. When I called, the rep confirmed it. I questioned why the up sell version costs double, his reply was that there was a "promo" going on to encourage more people to buy the suite.

I still have my doubts. Fortunately I am allowed to return the software within thirty days. As soon as the package arrives, I'll locate the serial number and verify the legitimacy with Adobe.

Should I even contact Adobe? The company might get angry upon hearing about this.

I can see David whipping out his charge card however.

David gets a review copy. :)

In any case, the simplest thing to do is to check out the dealer. They seem to be on the up and up, with a good BBB rating. That and their other credentials would seem to calm my concerns. Certainly if you pay by credit card and do not get what you expected, you could ask your bank to reverse the charge.

Here's an update on my Adobe situation. I received the package, and promptly contacted Adobe. The version sent is "educational" only (sigh!). I can upgrade to CS5 whenever it's released (either retail or academic), but I am not allowed to use CS4 for commercial purposes.

Since I'm trying to update my skills anyway, I'll use this for the time being. The company changed the pricing on it's website to reflect the commercial version.

By the way, I heard your recent podcast where you and David made a comment regarding Scott Kelby. Is there something I should know about him? I'm interested in his online training courses.

Merry Christmas, and thanks for having a great website!

Here's an update on my Adobe situation. I received the package, and promptly contacted Adobe. The version sent is "educational" only (sigh!). I can upgrade to CS5 whenever it's released (either retail or academic), but I am not allowed to use CS4 for commercial purposes.

Since I'm trying to update my skills anyway, I'll use this for the time being. The company changed the pricing on it's website to reflect the commercial version.

By the way, I heard your recent podcast where you and David made a comment regarding Scott Kelby. Is there something I should know about him? I'm interested in his online training courses.

Merry Christmas, and thanks for having a great website!
David has no respect for Kelby's skills, although I suppose he's a good marketeer.

Back